Are you overweight or tired all the time? Do you have headaches, other aches and pains, frequent colds and flus, constipation or digestive problems, high blood pressure, PMS, allergies or sensitivities. Do you often drink too much alcohol, drink caffeinated beverages, smoke cigarettes, use over-the-counter or recreational drugs, or eat fast, fried or refined foods?
What is a detox?
Our bodies have a natural in-built detox system (made up of the digestive tract, the urinary system and the liver) that helps to process all the chemicals modern life throws at it. These chemicals are called ‘toxins’ – they are basically poisons that have harmful effects on your body. It’s not just alcohol and tobacco that are loaded with toxins; pesticides and food additives, caffeine and pollution all play their part, too.
Benefits of a detox diet
1. Detox diets are thought to prevent chronic diseases, such as arthritis, heart disease, and cancer.
2. People who try a detox diet often find it can improve toxicity symptoms such as fatigue, joint pain, headache, pain, premenstrual syndrome, unhealthy skin, poor concentration, anxiety and irritability, frequent colds, heartburn, constipation, and gas.
3. Detox diets may be recommended as part of a supervised treatment plan for chronic disease such as autoimmune disease, multiple chemical sensitivity, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, digestive disorders, heart disease, and arthritis.
Detox Hot Tips
1. Clear the detox period in your diary of any pubs, clubs, restaurants and parties. See it as an opportunity to do all those things you never get round to, such as visiting museums and galleries – then you can feel doubly smug at the end when you’re not only healthier, but more cultured, too;
2. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration;
3. Take milk thistle to optimise these benefits; it contains silymarin, which protects the liver from damage;
Special chiropractic treatments for drug addicts have proven very successful in stabilizing those withdrawing from drugs and other addictive behavior. Mind Body Detox is being recognized by the scientific and medical professionals and their publications worldwide. Chiropractors using activator methods to treat poor health, pain, and even addiction are being sought by addicts wishing to overcome their addiction. The mind body detox process activates movement very gently, no bone popping, which stimulates the brain’s pleasure receptors and affects emotions in a positive way.